- Since 1991, 99% of scholars graduating high school in our program have gone on to college. In 2015, only 69.2% of high school graduates across the country went on to college (US Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2016).
- Over the past 10 years, Boys Hope Girls Hope annual college persistence rates (collegians on track to earn their degree) have been steady at over 90%. The national average college persistence rate is 71.2% (National Student Clearinghouse Research Center, 2016).
- Since 2000, 268 Boys Hope Girls Hope scholars have graduated from college and gone on to become professionals, parents, and community volunteers.
We are proud of our 268 college graduates. Boys Hope Girls Hope scholars have gone on to become professionals, parents, and community volunteers.
Success at the individual level is multiplied: scholars break the cycle of poverty for themselves and the next generation in their families, give back to their communities through both volunteer work and positive role modeling, and go on to be leaders in the industries in which they choose to work.
Boys Hope Girls Hope alumni return to their communities with a first class education and the will to use it to help new generations of children overcome obstacles in their way. Our alumni are doctors, attorneys, entrepreneurs, scientists, healthcare professionals, and educators. They serve their communities as social workers, soldiers, police officers, firefighters, EMTs, and in the clergy.
They are responsible spouses and conscientious parents. They work for some of the largest corporations in the country. They have attended some of the finest colleges and universities in the nation. They continue to strive toward reaching their potential, and we continue to celebrate them as members of the Boys Hope Girls Hope family.
Where They Go
- Nonprofit Management
- Social work
- Scientific research
- Creative arts
- Criminal Justice
- Military Service
- Global economics
Boys Hope Girls Hope is committed to learning and growth in our work with our scholars.
In 2012, Boys Hope Girls Hope was recognized by the Educational Policy Institute (EPI) as one of the ten most successful programs in the United States at moving young people from poverty through college.
Because we take our mission seriously, Boys Hope Girls Hope employs an exhaustive system of quality assurance checks and standards.
Boys Hope Girls Hope ensures that:
- our scholars are receiving the best care possible
- our donors’ dollars are being used responsibly and effectively
- that every aspect of our programs is performing according to our standards
Continuous Quality Improvement and Impact Evaluation
Our progressive learning and growth is driven by a robust system of continuous quality improvement known as our Performance Management Tool (PMT).
This continuous quality improvement effort includes a semi-annual assessment across six organizational domains. Implemented by each affiliate’s local board of directors and leadership staff, this tool assesses compliance, outcomes, and offers a self-study on standards of excellence. In addition, every two years, PMT requires input from outside stakeholders, recognized peer leaders from other affiliate, and leadership from the International Office.
Upon this evaluation, affiliate leadership identifies growth areas, and develops strategic and tactical improvement plans for implementation over the two-year cycle. Execution progress is continuously reviewed, and Boys Hope Girls Hope utilizes this internal evaluation to remain effective and impactful in our youth development programs.